Welcome, bienvenidos to Cook and the Fly
In this blog you'll find Mexiterranean food pictures and recipes, fishing stories, random thoughts and snippets of my new life in Southern Baja.

3.19.2012

Excited! The dawn of a new project

After a little tooling around with the idea of a return  to clean, proper Italian food, my friend and now partner Giulio and I came up with iCook ( Twitter handle @iCook_Cabo).
This logo, thet I consider brilliant, is the brainchild of my virtual friend Phil Googins, and avid angler as well...
thank you.
I hope to meet him soon and put him on some nice roosterfish...fly only, of course  :  )

The successful CookAndTheFly private dinners and catering operation couldn't reach the local middle class and most of the year round residents so, in order to do just that, we came up with this simple idea: let's get back to basis and cook beautifully simple, clean and honest, authentic Italian food and make it affordable to all.
Good food doen´t have to be expensive..it has to be prepared with love and passion and with great local, seasonal and hence fresh ingredients. We live in Southern Baja and the bounties of the sea and of the fertile valleys just North of Cabo are a source of igredients that is hard to beat.

What follows is the link to a sample menu, something to give you guys an idea of what we do:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/373508989346413/doc/373574629339849/

As things evolve I will post recipes and pictures of some of these dishes as well.

As some of you know already I am always ready to take on a new challenge...I think it's in my nature and I believe that's also the reason why I chosed to chase large open water fish with a fly rod instead of just chucking a piece of bait out there and wait.

I hope I'll have the pleasure to cook for some of you if/when you´ll come down to Los Cabos.

Till then: "Petri Heil!"














No comments:

Post a Comment